CCCB Introduces the TrueBeam TM Radiotherapy System: Faster, More Precise Radiotherapy Treatment for Cancer Patients
March 19, 2018
Faster, More Precise Radiotherapy Treatment for Cancer Patients
Cancer Care Centers of Brevard is enhancing its cancer-fighting abilities with a new True Beam TM system from Varian Medical Systems. Physicians at Cancer Care Centers of Brevard are utilizing True Beam to treat patients with a variety of cancers including lung, breast, prostate, and head and neck. Benefits for cancer patients include:
- Faster Treatments: The TrueBeamTM system delivers radiation at a faster dose rate than traditional technologies. This speed translates into shorter treatment times for patients. Typical treatment times can be cut in half; with most taking less than a half hour.
- Comfort: Quiet operation and shorter treatment times mean less stress for the patient.
- Precision Targeting: The precision of the TrueBeamTM system is measured in increments of less than a millimeter. This precision allows physicians to protect vital organs and healthy tissue surrounding the tumor.
- Personalized Care: TrueBeamM makes it possible to tailor patient’s treatments using a variety of methods including respiratory gating, real-time tracking, imaging, and more.
- Visibility: The TrueBeamTM system produces 3-D images which allow doctors to target tumors precisely. It also reduces the amount of X-ray doses a patient receives by 25%.
October 12, 2017
Lisa Duhaime MD and Sumeet Chandra MD Bring Additional Expertise in Medical Oncology and Hematology to the Practice
Cancer Care Centers of Brevard, a leading provider of comprehensive cancer care in the Melbourne, FL area and an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, is adding two new medical oncologists to its staff, enhancing access to community-based advanced cancer care throughout the region. Dr. Lisa Duhaime and Dr. Sumeet Chandra, joined the practice in September and will see patients at the cancer center’s Melbourne –Eau Gallie location.Read